Tuesday, December 11, 2007

THE OLD VET


You newbie veterans are not alone, we old vets have the same problems you are having. I will no longer go to urology because on my last visit I waited four (4) hours in an exam room in a tiny gown, for a cysto, I am a diabetic and had nothing to eat all day, and I had to get dressed to leave when they begged me to stay. Everything was closed when I got out. It is not the staff who is at fault, it is the top rulers who set the example for the staff to follow. Those rulers ordered the use of paper plates, and everyone followes there example of what they consider as respect. There real motto is to cure them enough so we can label them cured and be done with them. I can remember when the VA was allowed to represent a vet and help them to get there disability rating, just like the VFW or The disable veterans org does now. I remember when travel pay was good and nothing was deducted from it like the Fargo VA does. I remember eating on real plates in the cafeteria, and proudly to people to the VA to eat at the cafeteria. Yes, I can remember a VA system that was for the Vets, and there was no greater respect shown anywhere. So as good as it seems, it is nothing like what we once had.

No comments: